Estimated Electricity Readings even with Smart Meter in place

Hi all,

I have had estimated readings for around 1.5 years now and periodically I take my own readings to make sure bills are aligned. Over the past year I have sent in videos and photos of the meter but no one has been able to help even when labelling the issue as a Complaint.

Are there any options to move this forward? I now have an EV and would like to be at least able to look at my data to assess whether it is a suitable option for me.

Please can you let me know what can be reset or visited to get the smart meter up and running properly.

The IHD picks up the GAS and this transmits fine for readings. The ELECTRICITY meter is on estimated readings in my account and does not communicate with the IHD.

Hi @geohunt

Thanks for your post and welcome to community :wave:

Unfortunately your smart meter has affected by a firmware fault, meaning it is not producing readings or able to communicate with us currently.

Our metering team are just finalising a exchange procedure with OFGEM for meters such as yours, and you should be receiving an email in the next few weeks regarding booking it in.

Please let me know if you have any more questions on this.

Thanks
E :sunny:

Thanks Ele. Your response is more helpful than any email I have received over the past year! I really appreciate it.

To confirm, my details have been passed across to the metering team and they will be in touch for an appointment?

Hi @geohunt :wave:

I’ll pass your thanks onto @Ele_at_Bulb :slightly_smiling_face:

And yes, the metering team will be in touch with you directly to arrange the appointment.

– Meg :bulb:

Please Please Please can someone get in touch from the metering team to arrange an appointment. I have just had to make the plunge and increase the payments I make by more than double.

Anything we can do to get the energy meter reads come back ‘smart’ can only help me manage what I need to in these difficult times.

Geoff