Estimated Gas Readings from a Bulb installed Smart Meter

Hi,

My Gas reading used to come from the Smart meter installed by Bulb however looking at my bills, since June 2020 it has been estimated. I don’t know why and can’t contact anyone who can help.

I have tried emailing with no reply and can’t get through on any number.

I fear I have been overpaying for a long time and need someone to look into this and explain how this happened. Can anyone help me in this regard? Thanks!

Cheers
Scott

1 Like

Hey Scott,

Welcome to Bulbs community its great to hear from you :grinning:

I have not been able to locate the emails from the one linked to the account but I have spoken to a member of the smart team today for a fix to your issue.

We had to change the configuration of the gas meter on our system so it would display gas reads on your account, essentially the meter is giving reads but was configured to normal credit so we just reversed that back to smart. This means your next statement should use gas reads from the meter :bulb:

As a result, when we get a read it could suggest we overestimated previously and if that is the case we can arrange a refund if you have been charged too much.

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions here.

Best,
Carl

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply, I’ll use the community for any issues in the future

Cheers
Scott

Thanks Scott, apart from the problem with the Gas how have things been with the IHD and electric, have you been able to track your usage a bit better?

Best,
Carl

Yep all working great, it was just the estimates that threw me.

Hi I have been with Bulb at this address for over a year now. I don’t understand why some of my bills are based on an estimate and others on a smart meter reading.
Ann Walter

Hey @walterwiley and welcome to the community :wave:

When a smart meter doesn’t have full connectivity, the meter sends us intermittent readings. This appears to be the reason for your estimated reads as there have been a few months where we haven’t received reads from your meter.

Typically amending your reads to be taken once a day rather than half-hourly, kicks the meter into regular readings. Do I have your permission to amend this?

– Robyn :bulb:

Please do Robyn.
thankyou
Ann

Hey @walterwiley

I have amended this for you and it will take a few days to update. This typically fixes the problem but if you are still having issues please let us know.

– Robyn :bulb: