Estimated meter reading

I’ve recently moved my electricity supply to Bulb and they have informed me to provide first meter reading which I did. They said an independent company on behalf of my previous supplier has given an estimated meter readings, which is an over estimation. I informed bulb to dispute their over estimation and sent many photos and videos of my current meter readings.

However, bulb didn’t contact me and give me a follow up on the issue. Instead bulb has decided to use the estimated meter reading on my account. I’ve repeatedly contacted bulb through emails, to get no replies. Which I thought is unprofessional. I also suggested them to come and check my meter if they don’t trust me. I’m absolutely appalled by the customer service they provide. Should I contact Ofgem???

You’re not going to be double charged but it means you’re paying your old supplier for some units instead of Bulb.

I think Bulb and your previous supplier are obliged to use the readings decided upon by the intermediary unless they are wildly out. As you said, Bulb can dispute them.

Assuming Bulb is cheaper, are the readings so far apart that that the difference in prices between the suppliers makes a big financial difference?

Hi Norman. Thank you for your advice. You are right. I didn’t think on that line. I suppose the estimated readings won’t make a huge difference after all.

J have had several meter readers call to take readings but my account is showing estimated readings. why is this? Aren’t the readings passed to Bulb to use?

J have had several meter readers call to take readings but my account is showing estimated readings. why is this? Aren't the readings passed to Bulb to use?

Have you contacted the Bulb help desk they are best placed to answer your query?