Estimated meter readings

My smart meters were installed a couple of months ago and “most” of the time the IHD has been showing me details for both electric and gas, although sometimes it seems to lose its connection to the gas meter for a short time, but most of the time it is okay.

I’ve just received a bill showing the August usage for both Gas and Electric is based on estimated readings.

What is the point of a smart meter if they are unable to get live readings and use these for bill production?

With smart meters, estimated readings should never be necessary. Am I missing something?

With smart meters, estimated readings should never be necessary. Am I missing something?

I think what you may be missing is not seeing all the threads on smart meter issues which have been reported on this forum?

What is the point of a smart meter if they are unable to get live readings and use these for bill production?

What you’re missing is that it’s broken.

You’re right, clearly there is no point if it were designed this way. But it’s not working because it’s broken, not because that was the design intention. It would be somewhat ridiculous to confuse the current situation with “the point”.

Okay, so back to providing manual readings. So much for technology!

I honestly thought bulb was better than this, but I guess they’re just the same as all the other utility company’s except, instead of installing SMETS1 meters that don’t work they are installing SMETS2 meters that don’t work.

Still, my IHD is currently working at the moment, or at least it was when I last looked!

The IHD is no longer working. Can’t get electricity readings.