Estimated readings

Hi
Despite submitting my gas meter readings (on a regular basis) by photo option, you’ve chosen to use estimated readings for my bills.

I appreciate it might look like that I’m not using much gas, that’s because I’m not - as I use solar water heating to heat most of my water needs.

However, I’d appreciate it if my meter readings were used to calculate my bill rather that an incorrect estimate.

Thanks

Hi Despite submitting my gas meter readings (on a regular basis) by photo option, you’ve chosen to use estimated readings for my bills. I appreciate it might look like that I’m not using much gas, that’s because I’m not - as I use solar water heating to heat most of my water needs. However, I’d appreciate it if my meter readings were used to calculate my bill rather that an incorrect estimate.

Thanks

Are any of your “photo” readings logged on your account “Energy Usage” page?

Can I access my ‘energy usage, page via my phone app?

Hi
Despite submitting my gas meter readings (on a regular basis) by photo option, you’ve chosen to use estimated readings for my bills.
I appreciate it might look like that I’m not using much gas, that’s because I’m not - as I use solar water heating to heat most of my water needs.
However, I’d appreciate it if my meter readings were used to calculate my bill rather that an incorrect estimate.

Thanks

Are any of your “photo” readings logged on your account “Energy Usage” page?

Hi AllanR: As I almost never access my account via a laptop, i’ve never looked at the Energy Usage page. before (Bulb: any chance you can you make this accessible via yuor phone app please?)

Now that I have looked in my Energy Usage page and NONE of the gas readings I have submited (done on the same days as my electricty readings) is listed. What is going on Bulb? Why does your system only seem to be recording my gas readings? I get no error messages when i send you my gas readings (by photo). Thanks for your advice on this.

I only access my account via my laptop or PC so can’t help regarding the same via a phone app. Personally I religiously check my account shortly after I submit my monthly meter readings to make sure all is fine and dandy with my energy usage page, this also applies when I receive my statement to make sure my readings have been taken into consideration.

Purely an observation, why do you submit a photograph of your meter readings rather than manually reading the meters and entering the results on the page at: https://account.bulb.co.uk/dashboard/meters ?

I only access my account via my laptop or PC so can't help regarding the same via a phone app. Personally I religiously check my account shortly after I submit my monthly meter readings to make sure all is fine and dandy with my energy usage page, this also applies when I receive my statement to make sure my readings have been taken into consideration.

Purely an observation, why do you submit a photograph of your meter readings rather than manually reading the meters and entering the results on the page at: https://account.bulb.co.uk/dashboard/meters ?

I assumed that would elimate quibbles over any readings i provided. However, that doesn’t seem to be working out.

Note: I’ve relooked at how the app works and even though i use the photo option I simply think it scans the meter and creates what it thinks is the numbers on the meter. I don’t think a photo actually gets taken or submitted. (Bulb people - any chance you can answer the various questions in thsi post so i can better understand what is going on? Thank you).

@lang_b

I think Bulb only request a photo reading of the meter if they have a query, such as what type of meter is being used.

Entering the actual meter readings via the dashboard means you get an instantaneous confirmation the reading has been accepted.

@lang_b Your gas readings were showing no consumption and our system was saying this was too low. I have now made sure that your most recent reading is added to your account.

@lang_b Your gas readings were showing no consumption and our system was saying this was too low. I have now made sure that your most recent reading is added to your account.

Thanks. Will I get a credit/refund for the money i’ve been charged for gas I haven’t used?

Hi @lang_b

I’ve just sent the new statement and refund with an email to you email address to explain.

Cheers,
Rob