Estimated readings

I’m unhappy with the way Bulb have used my actual reading this month. I haven’t given an actual reading for a while which I accept was my issue (partly to do with my so called “smart” meters in fact being incredibly dumb), however, they have applied the actual cost to this month’s bill only. This seems totally wrong as some of the estimate should have been applied to earlier months when their rates were lower. They keep going on about using historical data to make estimates so why haven’t these been corrected based on the actual reading I gave - I feel like I’m being ripped off as the cost of both electricity and gas went up in August.

@HughFranklin

I think I understand your query, but what would you have said if the estimates went in your favour and the bulk of the estimated units were charged at a unit cost prior to the increase in August?

In fairness to Bulb, they do ask customers each month to submit a meter reading for an accuarte bill.

Not this month.!
I always send readings but this month they have not sent a reminder, just an estimated bill on the date I should have had a reminder. I then sent readings as usual but have heard nothing since!

Not this month.! I always send readings but this month they have not sent a reminder, just an estimated bill on the date I should have had a reminder. I then sent readings as usual but have heard nothing since!

I can only speak as another Bulb customer.

I think your situation isn’t really the same as that mentioned by @HughFranklin.

I can’t account why you didn’t receive the reminder. However I do find it strange when you say your estimated bill was on the same day as when you should have had your reminder.

Does this mean that when you go to your “Payments & statements” on your account dashboard, your most recent statement is not one calender month from your last statement?