Estimated readings

Hi, I just noticed that although I enter every month the real readings of my electricity and gas there is always also an estimated that is not even close to the real figure. In january they took am estimated figure of 13230 (the previous month estimated was 26047). The real figure for january was 25988, which I entered, now again this month they enter an estimated of 13242 and the real one is 26226, why they do this? Will this affect the payments? Thanks!

Hi, I just noticed that although I enter every month the real readings of my electricity and gas there is always also an estimated that is not even close to the real figure. In january they took am estimated figure of 13230 (the previous month estimated was 26047). The real figure for january was 25988, which I entered, now again this month they enter an estimated of 13242 and the real one is 26226, why they do this? Will this affect the payments? Thanks!

Are the readings relating to Gas or Electricity?

Are you sending in the readings within the time frame requested, you should receive an email requesting them each month and you have 2 days to send them in otherwise they will use estimates.
In real terms it wont affect your DD however Bulb may suggest you increase it, but thats because estimates are being used. If you send the next set of readings in on time everything should self adjust.

Are you sending in the readings within the time frame requested, you should receive an email requesting them each month and you have 2 days to send them in otherwise they will use estimates. .

The way the OP posed the query is that a figure of 13230 is being estimated as opposed to an actual of 25988. This doesn’t seem to be related to a reading being supplied a couple of days early but something which doesn’t sound quite correct.

The way the OP posed the query is that a figure of 13230 is being estimated as opposed to an actual of 25988
My mistake I never paid much attention to the actual figures but instead focused on the `estimate` wording..
My mistake .....

:o

Hi, thanks for your answers, the readings are for electricity, the gas reading are fine. I submit the real reading every month when they send the email reminding to do it. Its weird that its been like this for 3 months. I am not paying a lot at the moment, I guess they are using my figures instead of their estimated, but I am scared at some point they will send a huge bill because of this big gap between their estimate and the real one. Thanks again!!

I submit the real reading every month when they send the email reminding to do it
In which case I would contact Bulb direct and voice your concerns.
Its weird that its been like this for 3 months.!

Only Bulb will be able to resolve your problem. But out of interest if you go further back than the three months are the readings in line with those supplied by you?