estimated usage

i have just received my monthly bill and my estimated annual gas usage has gone up massively causing my estimated monthly cost to rise dramatically

i have just received my monthly bill and my estimated annual gas usage has gone up massively causing my estimated monthly cost to rise dramatically

I have some doubt regarding the estimated annual usage figures, but to try and improve its accuracy I submit monthly readings to Bulb. Do you submit monthly readings?

I retain my own spreadsheet of past energy usage and this is what I use to work out my future annual energy usage and by applying the current unit costs I can work out reasonably accurate my future direct debit monthly payments.

yes i submit every month. i have only been with bulb for four months.
i have checked my usage from my previous supplier and bulbs estimate seems very high.not worried if it is correct just a wrong estimate doesn’t help for future planning

When comparing the estimates, are you comparing ‘units’ or ‘cost’ - Bulb has got a pending price rise which may be throwing out the estimate (and I don’t know how old your previous supplier’s estimate is). Our ‘Monthly Estimate’ is about £30p/m higher than we are currently paying, but we’ve hardly been using any gas the last few months and we have been reducing our electricity usage (which, when averaged out over the last few years, will take a while to make any dent in an estimate).

Comparing units
bulb have estimated my annual usage for gas 38% more than they were estimating last month.
this estimate is 35% more than my actual annual usage last year

yes i submit every month. i have only been with bulb for four months. i have checked my usage from my previous supplier and bulbs estimate seems very high.not worried if it is correct just a wrong estimate doesn't help for future planning

Are you submitting when you receive the readings request from Bulb, if not then Bulb maybe using estimates rather than actual.

@tabbyfudge We have been using your actual readings so the annual consumption figures are correct (in terms of units).

We have announced a price rise which has mostly affected the gas side of things. For your area the gas price increase was actually 32.6%. Our gas prices were incredibly low before this increase and so this increase is why the projected cost is much higher.