Estimates v Readings

Every month I submit a meter reading, yet every month Bulb charge me through my estimate (which is double my actual usage usually). Any way I can stop them doing this and just get them to use my readings?

Every month I submit a meter reading, yet every month Bulb charge me through my estimate (which is double my actual usage usually). Any way I can stop them doing this and just get them to use my readings?

It would appear that this usually happens when there is something unexpected about the readings - either much higher or much lower than what they should reasonably be based on previous usage. Have you ever had a statement showing an actual reading since joining Bulb? Or have they only ever been estimates? To find out what’s going on you’ll have to contact Bulb directly using the contact information in the Help pages linked at the top of the page. To begin with I’d start by taking photos of your meters, showing the whole meter including serial number and the reading, and email them to Bulb. They will then be able to investigate what’s gone wrong.

When you submit your monthly meter reading is this when prompted by the email from Bulb?

When you submit your monthly meter reading is this when prompted by the email from Bulb?

It is yes they say to submit a meter reading within 3 days and I do it within 24 hours from receiving that

It is yes they say to submit a meter reading within 3 days and I do it within 24 hours from receiving that

I would suggest that the problem is as described in my post above.

<blockquote class="Quote" rel="Canegrati"

At the end of the day only the Bulb team will be able to actually resolve your query, you can their details via the Help page at the top of this page.

It looks as if you are doing everything correctly, in your “Energy usage” page does it show your monthly readings as well as estimated readings?