Estimates..Why?

I read my 2 meters & pass the readings on to you by e-mail. You acknowledge these yet I find estimates on my bills. Why?

I read my 2 meters & pass the readings on to you by e-mail. You acknowledge these yet I find estimates on my bills. Why?

Although there are estimated readings showing on your bill are there any customer read readings?

I’ve taken 3 gas with photos and none have been taken into account with estimated used instead, please rectify

I've taken 3 gas with photos and none have been taken into account with estimated used instead, please rectify

Who are directing your query. This is a community forum normally answered by fellow customers although the Bulb team do pop in from time to time but will not necessarily pick up your query?

Hi @Farrow,

Your statements are produced on the 7th of every month, therefore we need to receive readings three days before this date, to be used for billing. If we don’t have any readings for this day, then we generate an estimated reading. You’ve been submitting readings on the 26th of each month, which we’ve then used to make our estimates for the 7th as accurate as possible.

We send a meter reading reminder three days before the 7th, so have a look out for that email if you’d like to avoid estimated statements.

Hi @Christian9989,

It looks like you submitted the wrong gas reading back in February by mistake, as your reading then was higher than your meter reading yesterday.

I’ve taken a look at your photos and corrected the readings for you. You’ll get a revised statement with your accurate account balance shortly.