Estimates

Why, when I go to the trouble of supplying Gas readings every month, do you constantly use estimates on statements?

Check your meter reading submission history to see if the gas readings show. If the gas readings get rejected, it will look like you’ve only been supplying the electricity readings (i have suffered from this ). This external verification process seems to cause more problems than it fixes. There is a recent thread on here where Bulb have stated that they have created a fix to stop their system from removing the readings, meaning that hopefully the bills they issue will use the figures you supply.

Why, when I go to the trouble of supplying Gas readings every month, do you constantly use estimates on statements?

Hello @NealB - I’m sorry about this - how frustrating. I’ve looked into your account to work out what’s been going on. For the last two readings you submitted, your consumption was higher than our system expected. This caused the reading to be rejected and an estimate was generated for your bills. While this functionality is useful (it catches any wrong reads so we don’t generate an incorrect bill), in your case the tolerance levels were too low. We’ve now adjusted these so your reads won’t be rejected, even if they are a little off our estimate. Please continue to submit reads 2-3 days before your bill is due to make sure we use them for the bill. I hope that helps and do get in touch if you have any other questions.

We’re also working on providing better communication when readings are and are not used. We’re working out exactly what this would look like at the moment. If you’d like to, you can join that conversation here.