Every time I get email asking for meter readings, it says account closed and Can’t show readings?

Why can’t I show the meter readings?

Unable to give meter readings.

I switched to Bulb Energy a few months ago. I admit I have not religiously checked my statements as I now realize I should. I do, however, religiously submit my electricity and gas meter readings on the 17th day of each and every month.

My monthly statements are extremely confusing as they display both my ‘Customer Reading’ and an ‘Estimated Reading’. What confuses me the most is the fact that my bills show charges based on those generated by Bulb’s ‘Estimated Readings’. My readings do not appear to have been read by a human or a system or any contraption. It feels like my efforts are being ignored. Why am I concerning myself about supplying requested information if it is to be ignored, and the 'Computer keeps saying “NO”.

The smart meter, I acquired with my previous supplier, ‘Octopus Energy’ is lying useless on my kitchen work surface waiting patiently to either be replaced or revived and I am getting too long in the tooth to concern myself with the so-called, necessary changes by others (suppliers) to keep prices down, save the planet, or do anything that is to be ignored.

There is an old saying that goes, “If it ain’t broke, don’t try to fix it”.