Excess in credit

I’m currently in credit by £260. My bill a month is only £50 so how do I go about retrieving the money back

@rachielou15, the fastest way to request a refund of that credit would be to contact Bulb via the web-chat (bottom right), or by giving them a ring (0300 30 30 635)

+1 . I’d like to know this too. We have a similar situation, I suspect we have to “ask customer services”.

You seem to be able to reduce your monthly payment online, but I don’t see a way to transfer money out.

The cynic in me would say… Having to request this is just a deliberate hurdle designed to support a profit stream from interest on credit balances. I’d be delighted if Bulb could tell me I was wrong, by adding (or showing me) this feature in the account management pages.

@RNBY, Bulb have a card on their open roadmap specifically for automatic refund of referral credit so they do plan to make it easier.

The cynic in me would say.. Having to request this is just a deliberate hurdle designed to support a profit stream from interest on credit balances.
Come join me in the cynicism corner. We can be cynical together! :wink:

Hi @RNBY - That’s right, it is something we are planning on building into our online platform this year!

In the meantime, if you could confirm how much you’d like refunded, we can send that over to you :slight_smile:

Cynics are the best critics - so thanks for the feedback!

@rachielou15 - If you could get in touch with us with some new meter readings so we can be sure we’ve billed you accurately, we can then refund you any excess credit to your bank account and lower your Direct Debit if you’d like to.

Cheers - Vicky