Excessive suggested monthly payment

Hi we are being told by our Bulb account that we should be paying over £3000 per month, which is ridiculous for a small 3 bed semi.
How do i get this fixed> I assume there is a rogue meter reading or estimate somewhere.

Hi Lynsey, we are sorry to hear about that. I would recommend emailing direct to help@bulb.co.uk so we can identify your account and get this looked into. It might be a rogue reading, or it may be a system error on our side. Either way, it’s definitely not right and we will get it sorted.

I’ve got the same issue, but with even more ridiculous numbers - apparently my estimated use per month is over £67000!

I've got the same issue, but with even more ridiculous numbers - apparently my estimated use per month is over £67000!

Hmm definitely way too high! You can safely ignore that one. We’ve had a look into why your particular one is too high, and it has our best minds stumped. We haven’t seen anything like this before, so we’ve passed this one on to our engineers to work out. In the meantime, everything else with your account looks correct, so don’t worry too much.

Normally these high recommendations are due to the independent company that estimates how much you’ll use putting you on the high end, but in this case that all looks fine. Definitely not in the £67000 per month bracket.