Feed in tariff

I have just had solar panels fitted and tried to get a feed in tariff from a British Gas as Buld do not offer this facility. But they have refused as they say Buld advertise that they are FiT licensed so should offer this facility. Has anyone else encountered this propblem and how did you resolve it

@“Francesca At Bulb” is looking into this issue for you @D138253d

Hey @D138253d ,

Sorry to hear you’ve been struggling to register your FIT.

Bulb is not currently a FIT licensee. The official list of FIT licensees for the current period (1st April 2017 - 31st March 2018) can be found on the Ofgem website here.

Mandatory FIT licensees are required “to register and make FIT payments to […] an electricity supply customer of a Licensed Electricity Supplier who is not a Mandatory FIT licensee”. You can find more detail in this Ofgem document, p. 10.

What you’ve been told doesn’t sound right, so I am going to investigate this further and get back to you.

(And the great news, is that Bulb is planning to become a voluntary FIT licensee from 1st April 2018, so you will be able to sign up with us then!)

@D138253d, if you’re looking for another environmentally friendly FiT licensee as a temporary measure until Bulb can offer this, I’ve had good experiences with Good Energy (even if their standard supply prices are a little on the high side).

@D138253d, thanks for your patience.

Have just spoken to a member of British Gas’ FIT team, who confirmed they follow the Ofgem policy outlined in the documents above. This means they will accept FIT applications from customers who are supplied by energy suppliers that are not FIT Licensees as well as Voluntary FIT Licensees.

Please keep us updated on how it goes for you, or if you have any other problems.

And thanks @mowcius for sharing your tips!