Feed in tariffs

Hi there, we have solar panels on our house and I’m wondering if we are entitled to get a feed in tariff? The house is owned by a housing association but we are private tenants. I’ve been told that the housing association are the ones who benefit from the quarterly payment, not us. Is that right? We have no info about it in our tenancy pack and the housing association aren’t particularly useful if we try and contact them! Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi @Stephaniehampton - if the solar panels aren’t yours you won’t be able to get the feed in tariff from it - they’d be able to tell you for sure, but if you aren’t the owner it won’t be you that gets the feed in tariff. You may benefit from being able to utilise the energy the panels provide in the day but only your housing association would know how exactly the panels are set up.