Feeling ignored!

We have changed from electric storage heaters to gas central heating. I have submitted readings on a weekly basis since to highlight the new useage pattern and yet our latest bill ignores my readings and gives an estimate based on what might have been, ie, a high electric usage and no gas. What can I do?

I don’t really have any advice to offer except:

1. You’ve posted on the “community” a public forum for customers. You’d be better asking Bulb directly, by phone, email, or webchat, why your readings aren’t being used.
  2. Bulb staff do post here occasionally, but you’ve selected for some reason to post in the “Everything but Bulb” category rather than the more obvious “Help and Support” or “About Bulb”. Since you’ve flagged your post as having nothing to do with Bulb, it’s unlikely that any staff will see it.

Genuine question: What path did you take to end up posting here on this sub-forum, as opposed to the big “Help” button at the top which takes you to lots of FAQs and also explains how to get help directly from Bulb. Perhaps if you can explain what happened then the website could be made easier to navigate for future customers.

Hi @JonC,

latest bill ignores my readings and gives an estimate based on what might have been

Out if interest, did you provide any readings in the 2-3 days before your bill was generated (i.e. when Bulb asks for your meter readings). That is the only time frame which ‘counts’ - otherwise, Bulb will have to estimate the usage between your provided read and the ‘bill date’.

Does your Bulb bill actually list the last reading(s) you provided at all (it’ll show a maximum of 4 per utility per month) or do it just show the estimate(s)? If it doesn’t show the readings, then they have been rejected somehow - if you contact Bulb directly ( https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001240291-How-can-I-get-in-touch-with-Bulb- ) they’ll be able to look into why this is happening.

Thanks will try that