Feeling slightly let down

Moved to Bulb from BG a few weeks back. After one month, DD going up from £160 to £220 after Bulb has received info from “regulated 3rd party” on my usage over the past few years. So I’m now paying around the same as I was with BG. Time to switch.

Moved to Bulb from BG a few weeks back. After one month, DD going up from £160 to £220 after Bulb has received info from "regulated 3rd party" on my usage over the past few years. So I'm now paying around the same as I was with BG. Time to switch.

It can be quite confusing about the need to increase your DD. Bulb require enough credit in your account to pay in advance for one months energy use.

However the good news is that if your current DD payment of £160 is sufficient to pay the energy you will use during the month after you switched to Bulb then there is no requirement to increase your DD. Your DD may need to be increased if you start using more energy during the winter months.

Moved to Bulb from BG a few weeks back. After one month, DD going up from £160 to £220 after Bulb has received info from "regulated 3rd party" on my usage over the past few years. So I'm now paying around the same as I was with BG. Time to switch.

The direct debit is irrelevant when comparing suppliers. You need to compare the actual unit rates and standing charges.

Have to agree with @hooloovoo the amount you pay in DD is not comparable to what your actually paying for the supply of energy.

if you are using more energy your obviously going to be paying more. Bulb is one of the cheapest on the market, however, you should certainly go and do a comparison with your actual energy usage and if there is a cheaper supplier go and switch.