First bill seems really expensive!

Hey,

I have just moved over to Bulb and we were given an estimate of £55 a month, I submitted a meter reading yesterday (last one was Feb 13th) and today I got an email saying our bill was £111. It’s come as quite a shock so I am just wondering if it’s something I’ve done wrong!

12 Mar 19. 3257
12 Mar 19. 6264

13 Feb 13. 3066
13 Feb 19. 6096

We are in a one bed flat, two people. Both out from 8am-6pm

We have the heating on 6.30am-8am and then 5.30-7.30

Thanks

I am just wondering if it’s something I’ve done wrong!

What you’ve done wrong is confused your monthly payment (£55, mostly constant over a year) with the Feb/March bill (£111, varies with the seasons).

This article may help you: How Bulb charges for energy usage – Bulb

I understand that, but £111 for one month seems expensive? Certainly not what I expected for a 1 bed flat when both occupants are out most of the day.

I understand that, but £111 for one month seems expensive? Certainly not what I expected for a 1 bed flat when both occupants are out most of the day.

It’s not that expensive for a winter month with heating. Bear in mind that gas particularly has become considerably more expensive over the last few months, so comparing it to what you used to pay isn’t valid.

Taking a stab at your figures as you don clarify if it is kWh or what is gas/elec. I would suggest it is your usage, my bill was £114 for a detached 4 bed occupied 24/7 and that used 2197 kWh. Based on that and it is variable for individuals your usage was 2048 kWh which does seem possibly

high for the details given.
The price V usage appears correct so I would look carefully at your usage, either something left on or a faulty item, I certainly dont think it is Bulbs pricing.

Hey,

I have just moved over to Bulb and we were given an estimate of £55 a month, I submitted a meter reading yesterday (last one was Feb 13th) and today I got an email saying our bill was £111. It’s come as quite a shock so I am just wondering if it’s something I’ve done wrong!

12 Mar 19. 3257
12 Mar 19. 6264

13 Feb 13. 3066
13 Feb 19. 6096

We are in a one bed flat, two people. Both out from 8am-6pm

We have the heating on 6.30am-8am and then 5.30-7.30

Thanks

The bill which you got today does it show any estimated readings or all they all showing as “Customer Read”?

Also which are you electricity readings and which are your gas?

Taking a stab at your figures as you don clarify if it is kWh or what is gas/elec. I would suggest it is your usage, my bill was £114 for a detached 4 bed occupied 24/7 and that used 2197 kWh. Based on that and it is variable for individuals your usage was 2048 kWh which does seem possibly
high for the details given. The price V usage appears correct so I would look carefully at your usage, either something left on or a faulty item, I certainly dont think it is Bulbs pricing.
Thanks, I will turn down our usage and see next months usage.

The bill which you got today does it show any estimated readings or all they all showing as “Customer Read”?

Also which are you electricity readings and which are your gas?

They are all customer read and

12 Mar 19. 3257 Gas
12 Mar 19. 6264 Electric

13 Feb 13. 3066 Gas
13 Feb 19. 6096 Electric

Your bill seems correct in relation to your readings. Your gas usage appears quite high for a 1 bed property, which could be down to several different factors.

Your bill seems correct in relation to your readings. Your gas usage appears quite high for a 1 bed property, which could be down to several different factors.
Thanks Norman, can you suggest anything that I could do to potentially work out what’s going on with the gas?

I have turned down and even off two radiators to see if that helps next month.

Why wait for a month take readings to start with daily and see how it pans out, its easy to work out the costs (£s) if happy with that then move to a weekly readings.
You will soon get a feel for how the bills are going.

As an example I take my readings weekly but use a spreadsheet to give a projection for the month although I rarely need it nowadays.