First Bill

Hello
I entered my ACTUAL annual usage for both gas and electricity from my last 5 quarterly bills from Southern to get your quote and you quoted me for that annual usage a figure of £45 per month
My fist bill has arrived albeit an estimated bill and you are telling me I should up my payment to £85 PER MONTH how on earth did you work that one out and how did it change to almost DOUBLE the amount in less than a month
Did you just give me a low quote to get my business

Hello I entered my ACTUAL annual usage for both gas and electricity from my last 5 quarterly bills from Southern to get your quote and you quoted me for that annual usage a figure of £45 per month My fist bill has arrived albeit an estimated bill and you are telling me I should up my payment to £85 PER MONTH how on earth did you work that one out and how did it change to almost DOUBLE the amount in less than a month Did you just give me a low quote to get my business

It is unclear why you submitted your usage from the last 5 quarterly bills, I would have thought annual usage from your last four bills would have been appropriate. Your last bill from your previous supplier would also have shown your estimated annual usage.

Does you first bill show your estimated annual usage if so how does this compare with the the figures you supplied for your quote?

Regardless of this, if you had submitted your meter readings a couple of days prior to the preparation of your bill you would or should have received a more accurate bill.

I may be wrong but have you submitted the last 5 quarterly bills as the annual total which would make Bulbs quote just under half of what it should be.
I have never known Bulb to manipulate a quote to get business.

I may be wrong but have you submitted the last 5 quarterly bills as the annual total which would make Bulbs quote just under half of what it should be. I have never known Bulb to manipulate a quote to get business.

I need to get my head around your calculation, I would have thought if LynG had had entered the actual reading from her last 5 bills, then her quote would nominally have been 25 % more than actual. I assumed when she meant the actual readings from 5 bills this is a summation of the 5 bills.

I concur it would be out of character for Bulb to tout for business by deliberately lowering the quote.

I need to get my head around your calculation, I would have thought if LynG had had entered the actual reading from her last 5 bills,

I worked on this basis (simplified) Uses 100kWh each month so for 5 months gave an annual total of 500kWh. Bulb accepted that which would have been 42 kWh per month and I have assumed to get the quote that is what was used hence £45 per month dd. However the first bill would have recalculated using estimates to a yearly bill to be be around 1200kWh therefore increasing the dd to £85.

Thats how I am seeing it.

I need to get my head around your calculation, I would have thought if LynG had had entered the actual reading from her last 5 bills,

I worked on this basis (simplified) Uses 100kWh each month so for 5 months gave an annual total of 500kWh. Bulb accepted that which would have been 42 kWh per month and I have assumed to get the quote that is what was used hence £45 per month dd. However the first bill would have recalculated using estimates to a yearly bill to be be around 1200kWh therefore increasing the dd to £85.

Thats how I am seeing it.

LynG mentioned quarterly not monthly bills. That is 15 months not the 5 months used in your example.

LynG mentioned quarterly not monthly bills. That is 15 months not the 5 months used in your example.

Yeah I missed that,ooops, I wonder if he averaged the 5 quarterly bills. It would seem to me for whatever reason the wrong annual figure has been submitted for the initial quote.

@LynG We would never underquote, we just would take the information provided to us and give you a quote based on that information.

Could you send some meter readings to us and we can check if this bill is correct?

Hello I entered my ACTUAL annual usage for both gas and electricity from my last 5 quarterly bills from Southern to get your quote and you quoted me for that annual usage a figure of £45 per month My fist bill has arrived albeit an estimated bill and you are telling me I should up my payment to £85 PER MONTH how on earth did you work that one out and how did it change to almost DOUBLE the amount in less than a month Did you just give me a low quote to get my business

It is unclear why you submitted your usage from the last 5 quarterly bills, I would have thought annual usage from your last four bills would have been appropriate. Your last bill from your previous supplier would also have shown your estimated annual usage.

Does you first bill show your estimated annual usage if so how does this compare with the the figures you supplied for your quote?

Regardless of this, if you had submitted your meter readings a couple of days prior to the preparation of your bill you would or should have received a more accurate bill.

I did quote from my last 4 but used my last 5 just as a sanity check

As I replied to another user, I used the 4 QUARTERLY bills to get my actual usage but checked the 5th just as a sanity chaeck

I did quote from my last 4 but used my last 5 just as a sanity check

As I replied to another user, I used the 4 QUARTERLY bills to get my actual usage but checked the 5th just as a sanity chaeck