First direct debit

Just signed up to switch today, got the email that all is going through but the first direct debit is due 16th September. Bit of a pain mid month- how can I change that first date? Can’t do it online until the first payment is out but I’m now stuck paying British Gas their full bill on the first then this one on the 16th. Any help much appreciated!

Just signed up to switch today, got the email that all is going through but the first direct debit is due 16th September. Bit of a pain mid month- how can I change that first date? Can’t do it online until the first payment is out but I’m now stuck paying British Gas their full bill on the first then this one on the 16th. Any help much appreciated!

All customers of Bulb (me included) find they need to pay both Bulb and their previous supplier during the switch transition period. This is due to the fact you pay Bulb in advance for your energy and at the same time still need to pay your previous supplier for the energy used until the switch has taken place. In essence we have all been in your situation and in my case I fully understood I would need to pay both Bulb and my previous suppliers during my switch. Further information is at: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360000313371-Why-is-my-old-supplier-still-charging-me-