First draft at ranks

For those who don’t know, ranks are the thing that shows up next to your name on the community. It’s essentially your title. For Team Bulb, like me, the rank tends to be my job role, but for members in the community the rank system is a chance to have some fun and have something to work towards next. The more you participate the closer you’ll get to the next rank.

Anywho, heres what I’ve come up with

Fresh Face
Dabbler ✭
Scribe ✭
Scholar ✭
Wordsmith ✭✭
Essayist ✭✭
Poet ✭✭
Bulberino ✭✭
Bulbamatic ✭✭
Bulbatron ✭✭
Adviser ✭✭✭
Mentor ✭✭✭
Counselor ✭✭✭
Cadet ✭✭✭
Midshipman ✭✭✭
Navigator ✭✭✭
Seadog ✭✭✭✭
Helmsman ✭✭✭✭
Conductor ✭✭✭✭
Maestro ✭✭✭✭
Aviator ✭✭✭✭
Pilot ✭✭✭✭
Chaperone ✭✭✭✭
Usher ✭✭✭✭
Vanguard ✭✭✭✭
Bulbamatic ✭✭✭✭✭
Disciple ✭✭✭✭✭
Devotee ✭✭✭✭✭
Partisan ✭✭✭✭✭
Champion ✭✭✭✭✭
Hero ✭✭✭✭✭
Paragon ✭✭✭✭✭
Paradigm ✭✭✭✭✭
Exemplar ✭✭✭✭✭
Font of Knowledge ✭✭✭✭✭✭
Immense Cheese ✭✭✭✭✭✭
Top Echelon ✭✭✭✭✭✭
Guardian of the Ancient Scrolls ✭✭✭✭✭✭
Pretty Much Skynet ✭✭✭✭✭✭

1. What do you think of the rank names? Are there any you don't like?
  2. Are there any cool rank names you can think of that could be included?
  3. Should we add a second indicator to ranks? Vanilla currently uses stars, rank 1 is 1 star, rank 2 is 2 star, etc. We could give the ranks between 1 and 5 stars in addition to the fun name. Other communities, like giffgaff, use colour to indicate this.

I do like colours, pink is always good :stuck_out_tongue:
Im hopeless thinking up new names of things so I will pass on that
trapped in a posting factory sounds out of place
fanatic and zealot might be a bit not pc
disciple might be seen as a religious one
note I personally don’t take offence at these but Im trying to think of how other less relaxed members might see things or take offence to things, Ive seen it happen before.
I like the rankings on ukhot deals i think I’ve got red in quite a few chatty was my first :wink: can’t imagine how

I do like colours, pink is always good

You must be loving the current community design then :slight_smile:

Good points on some of the rank names. I think the example of someone being offended that you’re thinking of (prophet?) was a fairly one off and was actually everyone thinking that someone else might be offended, rather than anyone being offended themselves. . If we can think of other rank names that work then lets use those, but lets not hold back on something that we think would be fun and cool on the off chance that someone might be offended in future. If they are offended then we can quickly change the rank name, no worries.

I’ll have a look at UK hot deals.

@pinkcalculator how about we swap out fanatic and zealot for “Hero” and “Champion”?

yes they sound much more pc B)

Cool cool :slight_smile:

Nice, I like those suggestions!

@Hazel you’ve always got such great ideas :slight_smile:

its quite nice here at the bottom of the ranks its easier to move up plus its quite peaceful on here and I can post while in summer holiday brain ( the brain parent get after weeks of having kids on holiday)

How are you finding the rate at which you gain new badges? Too fast? Too slow? Just right?

I’ve been on holiday so give me a few days to see how its doing plus once the kids are back at school I will have more time to be doing stuff online and Ill have my brain back in the place it should be

Hmm seems I’m only a 2 star general so far.

Anyway, whys there 2 bulbamatics? 2 and 5 star :stuck_out_tongue:

Erm… what goes around comes around? :slight_smile: