First meter reading was wrong and I'm still waiting for a resoution

I recently submitted my second meter reading and noticed that the first reading had been saved incorrectly, with four digits rather than 5.

I raised this with Bulb support around 10 days ago. I was told that it down to a fault, which was was more complex than first thought, and there would be a meeting early last week to progress it.

I left it for a few days to allow the meeting to take place, then followed up on the ticket, and had a really rude response (basically… don’t call us, we’ll call you).

I’ve followed up again since, and had no reply.

It’s not that I’m bugging anyone, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect some updates given that our bills are wrong. My DD is still being taken I presume. What do I do? I’m starting to wish I’d never switched.

6 weeks on and we are no further forward.

I’ve raised a complaint with Bulb and had no response to that either.

This level of service is horrendous. I will be taking this to Ofgem… Bulb clearly cannot cope with demand.

6 weeks on and we are no further forward.

I’ve raised a complaint with Bulb and had no response to that either.

This level of service is horrendous. I will be taking this to Ofgem… Bulb clearly cannot cope with demand.

I think it is the Energy Ombudsman rather than Ofgem who you need to involve.

I assume you know you have to follow a process and wait a certain period after making complaint before you can raise it with Ombudsman?

That’s very poor indeed. Regardless of whatever system problem generated this fault, Bulb should have corrected your account first, not spent weeks fault finding and left you hanging.

@“Eleanor at Bulb” is very helpful so I’ll tag her on the off chance she’s in the forum this week.

Hi @CBr

Sorry that you’ve not had a smooth switch over. And thanks for the flag @norman7115

This is certainly something I can help with but I might need some more info. From looking at your email threads with Matthew, it seems that we’ve had to dispute your opening meter readings with your previous supplier. This can take up to (but not usually as long as) six weeks to sort. Unfortunately, it’s a bit tricky to send you an update but once they’ve accepted, both us and your previous supplier will reissue statement.

I can see that Matthew has also escalated this matter with your previous supplier.

I can’t see a phone call from the number registered on your account. If you could drop me DM with the phone number you called on, I’d like to listen to the call. We should be nothing but friendly and helpful on the phone and I’m sorry if that was not the case.

Hi Eleanor

The previous supplier has the correct readings.

I know this because they are on the final bill.

I’ve asked Matthew about this three times and had no answer.

I raised a complaint 2 weeks ago and had no answer.

I am still getting incorrect bills despite Matthew saying he had suspended them.

I’m not sure what you mean about the phone. I havent phoned anyone… the impolite response was on a support ticket.

It’s nice of you to apologise but I am still not clear what you are planning to do about this? It has been TWO MONTHS since this was raised.

Sorry Eleanor, I read that back and it is harsher than I intended it to be. I’m just really frustrated.

@CBr

Am I reading this as follows:

1. You switched to Bulb.
  2. You gave them opening meter readings.
  3. The readings you gave were wrong
  4. You have now had a final bill from your old supplier and they have the correct closing meter readings.
  5. Bulb still shows the incorrect opening readings in your account?

I gave the meetings to my old supplier and to Bulb. The old supplier recorded them correctly and Bulb didn’t. I may have typed them in wrong but I think that’s unlikely given that I provided the correct reading to my previous supplier.

Either way, the opening readings are still incorrect with Bulb so I haven’t had a correct bill since I joined. They say that my previous supplier wont confirm the real reading which is very odd because it is on the final bill. I’ve also sent a photo.

The issue is really the chronic lack of communication from Bulb, even after making a complaint.

Still waiting for someone from Bulb to communicate with me.

@“Eleanor at Bulb”
I’m really worried that your system says I’ve only used £67 of energy in 3 months. This really needs to be sorted out because we’re in danger of chronically underpaying as the colder weather approaches.

I realise that you are waiting for my old supplier but that doesn’t excuse the complete lack of comms from your team.

I also think it’s legitimate to ask why the old supplier has the correct reading on my final bill when Bulb is saying that they are refusing to accept the correct reading… Something doesn’t add up.

I would really like an ETA for resolution on this so I can make a judgement as to whether to escalate it further.

Ok, sorry Bulb but after repeated attempts to resolve I have no choice - this is going to the Ombudsman.

Ok, sorry Bulb but after repeated attempts to resolve I have no choice - this is going to the Ombudsman.

Do let us know how you get on!