First meter reading

Hi I am in the process of switching and received an email from you asking for my first meter readings. I enter the electricity incorrectly. I’ve trued to re-enter but it doesn’t acknowledge and still shows the incorrect reading. This is only for electric, the gas reading is correct. Please advise on steps to correct this. The correct electric reading is rate 1 - 33919. Rate 2 - 767. Thanks Ruth

Hi Ruth

I would wait until Monday and call Bulb on 0300 30 30 635 anytime from 9.00am - 6.00pm…they answer very quickly and are always really helpful and courteous. Just make a note of your Gas and Electricity readings and let them know on the phone.
As you’ve entered the correct reading for your Electricity, Bulb might settle for that, and your Gas reading, is forwarded I take it, but it won’t hurt to confirm with them that they’ve received them.

You can also ask them to investigate just why you are having problems submitting the Electricity readings.

All the best
Ian

Hi Ruth

You can also ask them to investigate just why you are having problems submitting the Electricity readings.

All the best
Ian

I would think the reason why the correct electricity reading can’t be entered is due to the first reading (incorrect reading) being higher than the correct reading.

Hi Allanr… Could well be, as once put in and submitted, maybe it can t be reversed. …those wonderful folk at Bulb will explain.:slight_smile:

Hi @Ruth_Carr1 Thanks for the message.

As the switch is due to happen on 6th June, we still haven’t sent your readings out, so I have removed them today. I will resubmit them on the correct registers now so they are ready to go correctly once we send to your old supplier.

Thanks,
Sam