First month payment, first statements, submit meter readings

Hi.
I joined Bulb in the middle of January (19th). I downloaded the app, I submitted the meter as the app said but I still have many questions. On the day (29th) I got an email, it says that in 3 days bulb will take my monthly payment, and it will cover your next month’s usage.
The third day is already gone but Bulb hasn’t taken any payment yet. I was wondering when the 1 first month payment is going to go through. In the app, I can see that my payment date is the day (1st) of every month with the payment amount below it. I don’t understand when the will take my first payment. Do I have to wait on the (19th) of February before the payment is going through?

Another two questions that I have got are:

1. When can I see my first statement in my account?
  2. When do I need to submit my meter readings? Where is the best time to submit meter readings?

Thank you.

Hi @pepm14

Welcome to Bulb and the community :raised_hands: :sun_with_face:

Direct debit payments can take around 2 weeks to set up, so it looks like the payment date was too soon so it has skipped to next month - 01/03.

1. You will see your first statement when you have been with us for 1 month (19th Feb) - when your statement comes out you can clear the balance by doing a one off payment on your online account by clicking on ‘top up’.

2. You should submit meter reads a few days before the statement is created e.g. 17th/18th

I hope that makes sense. :sweat_smile:

Have a good day!

Best,
Mel

Hi Mel

Thank you very much for your help. You have been very kind to answer my questions.

It should make sense now. Let’s see how it goes.

Have a good day too
Regards
Josefa