First payment date

Hi
My switch date is fixed as 23rd September. I need this moved to 25th September in line with pay day. If not able to move this I will cancel switch altogether. Please advise. Also my address is wrong, uswitch error with duplicate numbers. Should be number 3.

Thanks
Mark

Hi My switch date is fixed as 23rd September. I need this moved to 25th September in line with pay day. If not able to move this I will cancel switch altogether. Please advise. Also my address is wrong, uswitch error with duplicate numbers. Should be number 3.

Thanks
Mark

Purely an observation and my understanding of the situation, once your first payment has gone for 23 September you will be able to change future payments to 25th of the month. You can change the date by going to your “Payments & statements” on your account dashboard and then select “payment settings”.

@Evidentside we’ve changed it to the 25th. You can adjust your future payment dates through your Bulb account, too, if you’d like to.

We’ve also corrected your address listing.

Fantastic, thanks for the good customer service. Almost forgives the price rises announced for Nov… almost!

Delighted to hear everything (except the price increase) is going well so far, and fingers crossed wholesale prices will start going down soon and we’ll be able to put a price drop through