First payment

Hello Bulb community!

I’m in the process of switching to Bulb; part of my sign-up deal was a monetary credit.

I’ve just received an email informing when my first monthly payment (which is less than my sign-up credit) will be taken. The email gives no mention of my credit. Will the credit be automatically applied to this first bill?

Hi @Frank, if you joined Bulb by following someone’s referral link then you are indeed eligible for credit to the tune of £50 (or £100 if you joined last week).

The referral credit will be applied to your account on your switch date (normally 21 days after your sign-up date).

Thank you @mowcius

Just as a sid note, to confirm the referral, it’s best to make sure your friend got an email (and can see you as a referral in progress) on their MyBulb page.

There is potentially a bug with the system which can cause some referrals to not be registered.

Hi @Frank. If you’ve signed up using a friend’s link, the referral credit is added on the day you switch.

This doesn’t change your first payment to us. If you’d like to use the credit, e.g. offset it against a payment, just email help@bulb.co.uk and we can sort that for you.

Thank you for your reply Shaunagh.

If you'd like to use the credit, e.g. offset it against a payment, just email help@bulb.co.uk and we can sort that for you.

I’ve just emailed as suggested.