First Readings

I have now submitted 3 readings and yet I am still getting e-mail responses that say “We’ll send them to the independent company that checks meter readings right away.”
Why have you not completed the switch and why are you still not sending me a bill?

Hi @ScuggMary ,

I believe this problem sometimes happens when the independent company rejects the readings (but rejects them in a ‘non-standard’ way which Bulb’s systems don’t interpret). If you drop Bulb an email ( help@bulb.co.uk is the email address, other contact details are available at https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001240291-How-can-I-get-in-touch-with-Bulb- ) and possibly include pictures of the meter, they’ll be able to help.

Why include pictures? Well, the meter readings are being rejected by the third party verification company (hopefully for a good) reason - and the most likely reasons they are rejecting is that they have an incorrect meter serial number attached to your address, the meter reading you supplied is ‘outside the range’ for what they expect from your previous supplier (photographic evidence is hard to argue with for this), they think you’ve got a smart meter when you’ve not (or vice-versa) or some other combination like that - photos provide practically everything Bulb needs to go in front of the company waiving a photo and go ‘See - we have proof that @ScuggMary is right - so believe them!’ :wink:

I have now submitted 3 readings and yet I am still getting e-mail responses that say “We'll send them to the independent company that checks meter readings right away.” Why have you not completed the switch and why are you still not sending me a bill?

This is a public forum so none of us customers can answer your query. It is best if you contact the Bulb team direct at: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001240291-How-can-I-get-in-touch-with-Bulb-

Perhaps you can answer a question, when did you join Bulb? It takes 21 days from you joining Bulb to when you switch.