FIT Question - backdate?

Bit of a daft one, I am on FIT, and when I started on it with Bulb it was roughly 04000 on the meter because I’d never checked it and had FIT since they where installed with the house build - I’d no idea about how they work WRT FIT.

My neighbour says I should get FIT payments from when it was installed, ie Aug 2016, irrespective of when I registered with Bulb for FIT. Now I’m sure that’s not true, but I thought I’d ask, stranger things have happened…

So, can I get my FIT payments from my deemed exports from day one, ie when meter was at 00000, he said, expecting the answer ‘no’.

So, to confirm…you paid for a solar system to be installed in 2016 and didn’t sign up for any kind of FIT until just now?

There’ll be no backdating available though.

@Wanderer

You may find this information on the OFGEM site of some use: https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/environmental-programmes/fit/applicants/microgeneration-certification-scheme-mcs-small-installations

So, to confirm..you paid for a solar system to be installed in 2016 and didn't sign up for any kind of FIT until just now?

There’ll be no backdating available though.

Installed with house, new build, I was ignorant I thought they’d be already set and forget.

Then I moved to Denmark with work, literally two days after I moved in and had other things to worry about! Back in UK March 2018 frantically trying to catch up…

Hi @Wanderer Looking into the OFGEM regulations https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/system/files/docs/2016/05/feed-in_tariff_guidance_for_renewable_installations_v10.1_0.pdf section 5.15

“FIT payments cannot be issued before the Eligibility Date nor can we backdate accreditation
to before an application was first submitted. For example, an installation is commissioned on 20
January 2016 and an application for accreditation is submitted on 30 March 2016 at 17:20:22.
There is sufficient capacity within the relevant cap to accommodate that installation. The
“Eligibility Date” is 30 March 2016. FIT support is payable for generation or export from 30 March
2016. FIT support is not payable for any generation or export between 20 January 2016 and 29
March 2016.”

This would indicate that payments will start from the date that you complete the form to register for FIT.

That will be the start of your eligibility period, and most people will get payments for 20 years from that date. However it is not the date from when your pannels were installed.