Forecasted energy usage

Hi. I know you can change the amount you pay each month but is there going to be a forecasted usage that will then tell the customer how much their monthly payment should be so they don’t change it too high or too low.

Hi. I know you can change the amount you pay each month but is there going to be a forecasted usage that will then tell the customer how much their monthly payment should be so they don't change it too high or too low.

Forecasted based on actual previous usage/meter reads

Hi @angela1094 , we are improving our payment forecasting tools and at the moment we’re mainly conducting checks on accounts where the payments are significantly out of whack with their usage. We’d rather not use heavy handed payment changes so we trust you to find a suitable enough payment amount and we only step in when completely necessary.

We also try and keep any changes to never be more than ~25% when you use the “Change my payment amount” slider to ensure it’s not a huge change.

I haven’t concrete evidence that we’ll be implementing a more forward thinking payment calculator for you to use, but it is exactly the sort of thing that I’d expect us to roll out in the future and it’s good to hear you’d be happy to have a bit more guidance on this figure.

Hi @robc. Thankyou for the information. I just find it helpful sometimes to be able to see how much the supplier thinks I will be using to how much I think I would use and the cost comparison. Look forward to seeing this in the future