GAS BILL

Does anyone have any idea why my monthly gas bill is suddenly £280 for a 3 bedroom house?! Obviously I can’t afford this and would mean my annual would be over £3k!!! Can’t get hold of Bulb and am going slightly mad

Bills and direct debit payments are seperate. You put into an account by paying you direct debit and they withdraw the electricity and gas you’ve used. You need to submit monthly readings so they know the accurate money to take out. They may have suggested upping your direct debit because you are in fact taking more out of your account than paying in

Does anyone have any idea why my monthly gas bill is suddenly £280 for a 3 bedroom house?! Obviously I can’t afford this and would mean my annual would be over £3k!!!!!!!! Can’t get hold of Bulb and am going slightly mad

I’m shocked at my bills too! Well usage to be more precise. Apparently cheaper than British Gas, but I’m paying almost £100 a month more???

I used to have a prepayment meter in my old house, moved to a slightly bigger house, BUT, also got a new job, which means I’m no longer working from home and self employed, so electric and gas consumption should be less!? I’m talking twice the monthly amount, I’ve actually resorted to turning the electric off at the isolator, I want to see if the bills reduce, because if they don’t, then something is obviously seriously wrong.

I’m shocked at my bills too! Well usage to be more precise. Apparently cheaper than British Gas, but I’m paying almost £100 a month more???

I used to have a prepayment meter in my old house, moved to a slightly bigger house, BUT, also got a new job, which means I’m no longer working from home and self employed, so electric and gas consumption should be less!? I’m talking twice the monthly amount, I’ve actually resorted to turning the electric off at the isolator, I want to see if the bills reduce, because if they don’t, then something is obviously seriously wrong.

The bill which you received from Bulb is it based on the meter readings you supplied to Bulb?

Forget for a moment the bill, has your kWh usage gone up? If not or similar likely they are using estimates because you have failed to submit readings on time.