Gas Box Replacement

I currently have a bulky brown box outside my front door which contains my gas meter. Is there a way of changing it to a white recessed box? If so, who should I ask?

Hi @jasond, the meter box is the responsibility of the landowner. You can purchase one from hardware stores, and a handyman will help install it if necessary.
If the meter needs to be moved, you will need to contact your distributor if it is more than 1m, or us if it is less than 1m.

For a recessed box, a local builder may be a better bet than a handyman as that’s quite a big hole to just punch into a wall and may have structural implications.