Gas cut-off after switching to Bulb and having been assured that it would not.

As per the title. I had an online chat with Bulb and was assured that there would be no outage. I have had no contact made in regard to setting up a payment method and have returned home to a freezing cold house and no hot water. Electricity has remained connected.

I switched on Nov 9th.

Any advice on how to proceed? It is Sat 17th today. It appears Bulb are only contactable Mon-Fri! Not looking forwards to an entire weekend without gas!

Are you sure this isn’t a boiler problem? It’s highly unlikely that your gas has been disconnected.

Your issue could be a result of a number of problems, but disconnection is most likely not one of them.

Do you have a credit meter or a prepayment meter? If a prepayment material, do you have credit in your meter?

Have you checked your gas boiler, to make sure that it’s not a boiler issue.

to disconnect gas it takes a significant amount of effort it is not like flicking a switch at HQ.

Thanks for the replies.

It is a smart meter very recently installed by SSE. I am now on a prepayment contract with Bulb although haven’t setup any DD or other payment methods and have no information on how to ‘pre-pay’ and so on.

The previous meter, that came with the house, was a PAYG meter that could be topped up at a paypoint. If ever this ran out, the gas would disconnect until credit was added.

There is no gas at the boiler, or hobs, so that rules out the boiler. :frowning:

Thanks for the replies.

It is a smart meter very recently installed by SSE. I am now on a prepayment contract with Bulb although haven’t setup any DD or other payment methods and have no information on how to ‘pre-pay’ and so on.

The previous meter, that came with the house, was a PAYG meter that could be topped up at a paypoint. If ever this ran out, the gas would disconnect until credit was added.

There is no gas at the boiler, or hobs, so that rules out the boiler. :frowning:

Does this page help: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360018378031-Switching-to-Bulb-on-prepay

Thanks for the replies.

If your on a prepayment tariff, then you need operate your smart meter like an old dumb prepayment meter,. This means you will need to make sure your meter has credit and that you top up your meter regularly.

However, I thought bulb only took customers with smart meter on a credit agreement, as the current smart meters cant communicate with most energy suppliers including bulb after switching to a new provider. which the link details, provided in @Allanr previous post