Gas meter moving

I’d like to know if it’s possible for you guys to move the gas meter.
Must be moved to an adjacent wall (not more than a meter and a half), and put it under the boiler to provide a better way to read it, since right now is VERY high!
Is this possible?

Cheers!

It absolutely is possible, @crazyarg. If you want to move your meter less than 1 metre, we can do that job.

If you want to move the meter further, it can be done but it would be down to the gas distribution network. That kind of work involves pipes being moved.

Drop us an email if you want to discuss this further :slight_smile:

Hi, I finally had to go with SGN, but now I have a date to do the move of the gas meter, and they are asking for a gas meter box, which I cannot find! I been scouting internet for it, and no luck. Can anyone please tell me where can I find a box with this specs?
The gas meter box must be 23x410x500 mm 30min., fire resistant material, self closing door.

I’d really appreciate any help.

Hey @crazyarg , we had a quick hunt and came up with this https://www.travisperkins.co.uk/Mitras-MK2-Surface-Mounted-Gas-Meter-Box-White-(Complete-With-Backplate-and-Cover)/p/202937 .

Hope you find one that works for you, let us know how you get on :slight_smile:

Hi Thanks! But that box won’t do for an interior gas meter, sadly

@crazyarg ah I see! If you could send us a picture of where you need to install a box to help@bulb.co.uk, we’ll see if we can help steer you in the right direction :slight_smile:

I think I have it solved by my builder, thank for your help! I really appreciate it :slight_smile:

@crazyarg glad to hear it! Let us know if you’re still having trouble and we’ll be happy to help