Gas Meter Reading

I have just submitted my Gas Meter reading and have been informed by Bulb that it wasn’t one that was expected! Unfortunately I am unable to upload a photo of the reading however it is as stated - namely 00343! Should this be problematic then please feel free for a meter reader to contact me so that it can be confirmed.
Many thanks,

Paul

Hi @diandpaul_1953 thanks for getting in touch about this. The reason that reading wasn’t accepted is that it doesn’t line up with the readings we’ve had through from your previous supplier, there are a few possibilities as to why. One of them is that you’ve had your meter exchanged recently, and the details haven’t been updated on the industry database, so we’ve been told that you still have the old meter. Another possibility is that we’ve taken on the wrong meter for you (this does occasionally happen, especially when there are several properties with similar names. To get it figured out, if you can’t send us a photo of the meter, would it be possible for you to send me a recent bill from your old supplier? That’ll have the details of your meter on it somewhere, which will let us figure out what’s going on. If you could send that to help@bulb.co.uk that would be fantastic. Otherwise, your meter should have a serial number on it, if you could let us know that serial number then we can check a few bits and pieces from that too.

David,
The Serial Number appears to be: E6S05234651760 although there are several other series of numbers/letter on the meter!
Additional information that may help are:
Old Meter Index 16458
New Meter Index 00000 - dated 28.02.18.

Current reading is: 00344.408.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Regards,

Paul

Hi @diandpaul_1953 that definitely looks to me like your meter was exchanged and the details weren’t updated. No problem, I can get that sorted out for you and I can get your opening meter readings corrected, too. The only things I’ll need to do both of those are another meter reading on or after the 21st (a week after that one from the last message) and, if possible, the ‘old meter serial number’ that should be in the top box on the sticker on your meter. I’ll need the first to sort out your opening reading, and the second to get those meter details updated for you.

All the best,
David

David,

I’ll do both on the 21st.

Many thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul

That’s fantastic, thanks.

All the best,
David

David,

Information as requested, as of 13.00 hrs on 22.06.2018:

Meter Reading: 00348.158
Old Meter Number: G4K62590236414.

Many thanks,

Paul

Hi @diandpaul_1953

I’ve now queried your closing meter reads with your previous supplier. This can take a few weeks, but once accepted, you’ll receive a revised final bill from them.

The billing on your account is on hold until we’ve agreed your final readings with your old supplier. After the new read is agreed, we will issue a revised bill for the whole period since we started supplying you, taking into account the new opening read.

We will still continue to take your monthly direct debits as this ensures that you won’t get any nasty surprises in a month or so when we’ve corrected the reads.

I’ve suggested a read of 255 to nPower.

If you have any further questions about this process, please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Cheers,
Rob