Gas meter readings not recorded

There is obviously a problem with the gas readings not being recorded, you just have to look at other discussions to see that. I have submitted readings every week for the last nine weeks, only electric reading are recorded. Bulbs response to individuals is to say they have sorted the problem on their account and it should be ok now. Why don’t you sort a fix and roll it out to all?

Good question, Im waiting for Bulbs answer as I`m in the same situation …

As are many others. Don’t hold your breath.

@floridafil, to be fair, the case is often simply that gas meter readings take longer to show as they go via a third party for checking.

I do agree however that there is improvement to be made on either the visibility of what’s happening with your readings, and/or the speed at which they appear.

@floridafil, to be fair, the case is often simply that gas meter readings take longer to show as they go via a third party for checking.

9 weeks? Bulbs response to many people is that they have fixed the problem with their account and readings should now be recorded correctly, which suggests that it’s a problem at bulbs end and not that they go via a third party for checking.

Hi @floridafil , you’ve only been supplied by Bulb for 6 weeks so far and I can see that every read you’ve sent over is now in your account.

We do rely on information to be sent through about your meter before meter reads can be seen in your account. That information arrives from our third party data teams around the switch date but can come in a little bit late on occasions.

Your account is now up and running and the reason we re-assure that it will be cleared up in time is because it’s completely normal for your reads to take a little while to show in your account.

In some cases, we may manually fix the problem for members who are very keen to see the meter reads in their account sooner than they naturally would do.

I am also facing the same issue today, it got recorded properly somedays back.

@“Rob at Bulb” Ok, so it’s only taken 6 weeks to sort the problem and every read sent over may NOW be in my account.
That’s great.
You seem to have the attitude that customers should be aware that it’s completely normal for reads to take a little while to show in their account.
The number of comments posted relating to this problem suggest that most customers do not have your extensive knowledge of how the system works and maybe should be informed at an earlier stage.

I also have the same problem with the gas reading. Sent the reading off 3 times and none was recorded in my account. It also said that my first reading was estimate when i sent off the actual reading

I also have the same problem with the gas reading. Sent the reading off 3 times and none was recorded in my account. It also said that my first reading was estimate when i sent off the actual reading

No doubt Rob at Bulb will be along in a couple of days to tell you that you’ve actually only sent over 2 readings and they are now in your account,. And everyone knows that it’s completely normal for your reads to take a little while to show in your account. :slight_smile:

@floridafil We will do our best to inform our members how our system and the industry works with regards to submitting meter readings and try and improve how we do this in the future.

@Helen08 I can see the readings are now entered into the system, sorry for the earlier days. Unfortunately we have to use the estimate as it is within agreed industry tolerances of the actual reading you tried to enter. You won’t be paying twice as this is also the reading that your previous supplier will use.