Gas meter readings not submitting

Hello,

I can see others have had issues with this as well. When I submit my electric meter readings they go straight through, however my gas readings aren’t showing on my account and I’ve submitted them at the same time.

I want to make sure that I am only being billed per month for the gas and electric I am actually using, so please can you tell me when and how often I should submit meter readings to ensure you have them in time to calculate monthly bills accurately?

Thanks

Any response to this? It is kind of annoying to keep putting in the gas reading but never appear in the record. This has been going on since the 18th October as far as I can see in my record.
I am new to Bulb, and already started to look like I am going to regret changing my energy supplier.

Hello,

I can see others have had issues with this as well. When I submit my electric meter readings they go straight through, however my gas readings aren’t showing on my account and I’ve submitted them at the same time.

I want to make sure that I am only being billed per month for the gas and electric I am actually using, so please can you tell me when and how often I should submit meter readings to ensure you have them in time to calculate monthly bills accurately?

Thanks

Purely as another customer.

Submit your meter readings once a month and a couple of days before your statement date, you will be sent an email requesting the meter reading.

Only the Bulb team can advise why your gas readings are not being accepted?

Have you contacted Bulb direct rather than via this public forum?

Hi guys, as Allanr says this is a public forum so we wouldn’t be able to go into too many specifics, and you might get a quicker response by contacting us directly, by email or over the phone, or through our online chat. But just taking a quick look, your readings should go through if you give them to us one or two days before the date your bills come out, and @Hariz1 if you only joined us on 18th October we wouldn’t have gotten to the end of your first month yet so I doubt we’d have produced any bills for you yet, which the readings could show on.