Gas meter

Hi,

My street is currently having their mains gas pipes upgraded & meters moved from inside to out the front. I had mine done last week & requested a brown box placed in the ground rather than a white one on the wall.

My question is the fitters, Cadent, informed me to contact my supplier to arrange them to change (or amend) the meter & box so it sat lower in the ground. Apparently 6 inches or so above ground level as opposed to the current one that sits probably over a foot above. Is this correct and if so how do I go about doing this? They were pretty insistent that it’s the suppliers job to do this (not Cadents) and will do so free of charge as it was not my choice to replace the main pipe or move the meter.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Hi @christopher7939, thanks for getting in touch with us. This is something that we are able to arrange and shouldn’t be an issue. We however, will need you to give us a ring on 0300 303 0635. This is best dealt with over the phone so that we can arrange a time and date that suits you for an engineer to come round. Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.