Gas only club

My ‘not so smart meter’ was installed 3 weeks ago and starting to wish I had not bothered. Only showing gas usage, several contacts with Bulb and getting nowhere. Looking down this thread this has been going on for months now. Bulb are being very quiet about this issue, I do wonder if they have made a mistake by rolling out the new meters before they were really ready in order to meet targets.
It is both disappointing and annoying that an innovative company like Bulb should risk damaging its reputation promoting and delivering a product that is not fit for purpose and therefore by default does not provide the benefits it purported to do.
If anyone is aware of a fix I would be pleased to hear from them.

Hi Rich.
Bulb are working on the issue, but third parties are involved, so it’s going to take some time.
Possibly a little unfair to blame Bulb. Ofgem have put enormous pressure (and heavily fined) companies for not installing Smart Meters fast enough, even though the SMET1 units aren’t really fit for purpose. Bulb have taken the risk to wait for the better SMET2 units and now have to install them quickly to hit targets.
At least the gas is working, and you can still read the electricity meter manually like you did before.
They will get there I’m sure.
PS: I don’t work for Bulb and I’m in the same situation as you regarding the missing electricity on the unit.

I do wonder if they have made a mistake by rolling out the new meters before they were really ready in order to meet targets.
This is almost certainly a big part of the issue, but not anything they can do much about. They waited for a long time before starting installations, but perhaps still trusted their partners a little too much when they were informed that all is fine now(tm).

I’m in the same boat, gas only 3 weeks on. Phoned bulb and it seemed like I was talking to a French student on her first day. Chat was even worse waiting almost an hour between answers.
My daughters mk1 meter from British gas is amazing.