Gas prepayment meter blank screen

Hi I’ve been having problems with my gas meter it saying “card not accepted” and “m*****” so I emailed bulb with pictures but no response. I checked this morning and now the gas meter has a blank screen I pressed button A but nothing it’s like it’s dead. Is there a solution or does the meter need replacing? Thanks

If it said m*** it would have a fault on it, blank screen means it would need changing

Hi I phoned and got patched through to national grid and now have had my meter replaced thanks. I was told that my top up card no longer works but I had £20 credit on it. I got told to inform bulb so that I can get a replacement card with my credit on. I emailed bulb and also attached a photo of proof of credit purchase. Am I gonna lose that credit now?

I hope you can help
Many thanks
Aaron

You should get that credit back because it is your money. It should be as simple as getting a code which will put that credit on your new card

OK thanks so much for info it’s much appreciated :+1:

1 Like

Hi @aaronpclarke,

Really glad to hear that your meter has been replaced.

We’ve reissued a new card for you and issued a message to update this with £20 for the lost credit when it arrives.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding this. :grinning:

All the best,

Freya @ Bulb :bulb:

Will do. Thank you so much for your help Freya