Gas price rise of 13%!!!

Now I was aware that a price rise in energy was coming in August, but was shocked that my gas tariff has risen by 13%!! which seems a tad excessive, I know wholesale prices have risen but even the combined big six rises don’t come to a 13% increase. Particularly irksome as its gas that predominantly heats our home and is therefore the largest chunk of the energy bill. This rise wipes out one of the reasons I switched to Bulb in May all things being equal, so I will now have to look to switch again to find a more palatable gas tariff (but remain green electricity of course)

It is not just Bulb but industry rises:

Forecasted gas prices in the United Kingdom from 2016 to 2023 (in pence per therm*)
This statistic shows the forecasted price of gas in the United Kingdom (UK) from 2016/17 to 2022/23. From the initial price of 34.6 pence per therm, the price of gas is expected to increase to 47.5 pence per therm by 2022/23. Figures released in March 2017 show that total household expenditure on energy derived from gas in 2015 was 14.745 billion British pounds, down from 16.993 billion British pounds in 2013. Just as the price of gas is expected to rise in the coming years, gas production levels are expected to fall. From 2016/17 to 2021/22, it is predicted that production will decrease by 3.3 billion therms.

@widsteps You can also see how gas prices have changed here: https://www.theice.com/products/910/UK-Natural-Gas-Futures/data?marketId=142527&span=3

Increases are going to affect all suppliers.