Gas Supply turned off by Northern Gas Networks due to faulty meter regulator

Hi,

I’ve had to contact Northern Gas Networks this morning due to a drop in gas pressure. Their engineer came out and has advised that we have a faulty gas regulator and I need to contact our energy supplier to do the repair as it is on the meter, however Bulb offices are not open on a weekend to get the gas back on.

We have a semi submerged meter, if it was a standard meter the NGN engineer would have been able to do the repair but he didn’t Cary and spares for the semi submerged meter in his van.

Can anyone help or do we have to wait until Monday morning before the problem can be rectified?

Thanks

Can anyone help or do we have to wait until Monday morning before the problem can be rectified?
Unfortunately you will have to wait until Monday morning to contact Bulb to get an engineer visit arranged for a replacement meter/repair.

With the rollout of pre-pay meter support later this month and the addition of out of hours customer support for this (legally required), Bulb will potentially be able to provide weekend support for credit accounts in the future, but at this time I can’t think of any faster routes to get your issue resolved.

You could try emailing emergency@bulb.co.uk which may be able to help (unless you have an elderly or ill person in the household I don’t think the loss of gas for a weekend counts as an emergency though).

I don’t believe that email is monitored out of hours though (but I may be mistaken) , it’ll just filter into a different box.

@Saskew I can see that an emergency meter job was organised for you on Monday morning so I hope you now have a stable supply. The email emergency@bulb.co.uk is monitored though if you ever have a gas emergency the best number to call is 0800 111 999 and they will be able to help you.