Geo IHD missing info

My Geo smart meter (ex British Gas) was working fine until we had a power cut.
Now the tariff for electricity is missing, and no cost or usage data showing for electricity. The green slider showing current use is working. Tried the online chat, they just say turn off and on again, but nothing changes.
Can you help.

Hi @tony.bright :wave:

I’m sorry to hear you’re having issues with your In Home Display.

The good news is that your IHD is connected to the smart network, so it should just need a little push to fully connect to your meters and show your usage information. We can send a request from Bulb HQ to your IHD to try and get it talking to your meters again. You just need to fill out a short form with details of the issue in your Bulb account first.

Once you’ve sent that in, we’ll try and fix your IHD overnight, so it should start working within 24 hours. Make sure you keep your IHD turned on, and within 5 metres of your electricity meter overnight. Turn it off and on again in the morning if nothing has changed on the display.

If it doesn’t work, please try following the steps in your Bulb account again on a different date, as the fix can sometimes work on the second try.

– Meg :bulb:

Hi,
I have followed the instructions in your email, (the display is about 2 feet from the meters) but unfortunately the tariff and cost detail for electricity are still missing from my In House Display.
Because of this, the information shown on the screen is not complete.
Can you please suggest how I should proceed to get the IHD fully functional.
Many thanks.

Kind regards,
Tony Bright

Hi @tony.bright

I’m sorry that the IHD still isn’t working, we’ve found this fix doesn’t always solve the problem for a small number of IHDs.

We’ve reported this to the IHD manufacturer, and we’re working with them to find a solution. Once we’ve found a fix, we’ll be able to remotely update your IHD to get it working perfectly. If you’d like the update to happen automatically, you’ll need to make sure the IHD is connected to Wi-Fi.

Even though your IHD isn’t showing usage right now, we’re still receiving your smart meter readings, so you’ll still be able to see your usage online in your Bulb account, or in the Bulb app.

I understand how disappointing it is that your IHD isn’t working as expected. Thanks so much for your patience so far - we really appreciate it.

– Meg :bulb:

Hi, thanks for the update.

My IHD is a Geo model, and I cannot find out if it can be connected to WiFi as it is not listed in the Bulb app.

Can you help ?

If not, how do I update when a fix is made?

Thanks for any help.

Hey @tony.bright

We will update the IHD remotely so there is nothing you need to do. As @megan_at_bulb mentioned above, we are working with the manufacturer to get a fix in place as soon as possible and can update you when this has been done.

– Robyn :bulb:

Thanks for the update, all is working O.k now.
Can I view the information from the smart meter on my phone ? I have seen an app called Loop but don’t know if it will work with my IHD.
Can you advise ?
Many thanks.

Hey @tony.bright great question, it would be great to be able to view the information on your phone. At the moment the best place to view this would be in your Bulb app under the energy usage tab. When everything is connected you can view your usage in a manner that suits you, whether this is daily, monthly or even yearly.

If there are any connection issues this part of our app may be blank or showing incorrect information but it would be best to get this information from us in our app rather than another.

–Carl :bulb: