Get refund from account is credited

Hi @Doinita

Thank you for your message :wave:

We payment review the accounts every three months to ensure you are paying the correct amount for your energy usage. Your last payment review was in May, so I have ensured you won’t recieve any contact regarding increasing your direct debit until the next review in August.

Thanks
Nathan

Hi Bulb,
My account is in credit may I have a refund please ?

Hi @sas1987

Thank you for getting in touch and welcome to the Bulb community :wave:

Before we can give you a refund, we need to make sure your account has each of the following:

1. A recent meter reading
  2. A month’s worth of credit
  3. A regular payment method

From looking at your account I can see you are currently not eligible for a refund. I have sent you an email to discuss this further with you.

Thanks

Nathan :bulb:

I find it very hard to believe I have used 320.00 in energy in one month, would you please explain how ?

Hi @sas1987 - it looks like my colleague Nathan has replied to your email about this now. Please get back to us there with any questions. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve now left bulb for a new supplier and they have my opening metre readings and have now took opening payment.I was wondering how long it generally took to receive a final bill and return credit.
Thankyou

Hi @phil60 :wave:

Thanks for posting. It’ll take up to 6 weeks to produce your final statement, and your refund should be made within 2 weeks of receiving that bill. This will be made via direct debit so we advise not to cancel it :relaxed:

The reason that it takes a while to produce your final statement is that there’s quite a lot that goes on behind the scenes with your new supplier. The first readings that you give them will be sent through to us, and we’ll charge you up to those so that you don’t get double charged for any units of electricity and gas.

You can read a bit more about this on our website.

Your switch went ahead today (6th July), so expect your final statement by 17th August and refund by 31st August.

Any questions, let us know.

Take care,

Niamh :bulb:

Hi thankyou . Does this mean you will still take another payment even though i have enough credit to settle final bill.

Hi @phil60

No - we only take the regular direct debit payment until the date of the switch, so your last payment was 17th June.

You’re well in credit so you’ll likely still be in credit after your final statement is produced, so that’ll be automatically refunded 2 weeks after the final statement is produced.

In the instance that you owed us money following your final statement, that would be drawn via direct debit 2 weeks after your final statement was produced.

I hope that helps :relaxed:

How long does it take to get a refund on a closed account? Getting on 5 weeks now and nothing. You were very quick at taking my money, but not returning it when you have taken too much (deliberately).

Hey @3logxdx- welcome to Community!

Refunds are issued within 10 days of a final bill being produced, they’re automatically sent back to the direct debit we have on the account from which your payments to Bulb were made.

A refund was issued on your account on 12th July so this has already been sent back to you and the account with us closed. I recommend checking your bank account for payments received around that time (it can take a few days to go through so check up to 5 days after the 12th) and you should be able to locate it as its listed as successful on our side.

If you can’t locate it, just send a screenshot of the account to my colleague you’ve emailed and we can double check for you :blush:

HI There - just noticed that our account has gone into quite serious credit. Could £800 be refunded please ? Have just submitted meter readings about 5 minutes ago,

Hi @JasonL :wave:

This has been requested and will be with you in 3-5 working days. Just let us know if you have any questions :+1:

Thanks,
Cara

Hello I want please on my bank account my refund credit. Thank you

Hey @Elena21 :wave:

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting :relaxed:

Your account is in quite a lot of credit and we have recent meter readings from you, so we could definitely look into refunding some credit. As we take a payment in advance, we’d need to leave £134 in the account. However, we could refund the rest.

Let us know if you’d like us to do this and the money can be back in your bank within 5 working days.

My refund credit it is 261,56, I will receive all this credit,yes??? Thanks

Hi @Elena21,

Your current balance is £261.56 and we would recommend leaving £134 in the account to cover the next statement plus a little bit. Would you be happy for me to process a refund of £121.56?

We can’t refund all the credit as this includes the payment for your next statement.

I can process that for you today and it should be with your early next week.

– Daisy :bulb:

Hello, yes I will accept to receive this money on my bank account. Thank you so much.

No problem @Elena21. I have processed the refund for you just now. It will be with you in the next 5 days. This might take longer over the weekend.

Let us know if you need anything else or have any questions.

– Daisy :bulb: