Getting a reply from Bulb

I am £185 in credit, my payment is going to be taken soon, its been put up to £127, taking me over £300 in credit, my estimated readings have been over on gas by 100 units and I have sold my house and am moving to Spain in a few weeks. I have explained this many times this year and not yet had a reply, how can you estimate when you do not know my situation, or reply to me.

Hi @caldirun,

Welcome to community :wave: Thanks for your post!

Sorry to hear you have not heard back from the team. We are experiencing an extremely high amount of inflow at the moment which is reducing response time.

What I would suggest is for you to pay on receipt of your statement from now until November. We would use the credit in your account first and then if you need to pay anything more, it would be on receipt of your statement. Let me know if you’d like me to change that for you now. We could also look to refund your credit balance if you wanted to?

Let me know what you think or if you have any questions

–Daisy :bulb:

Hi everyone,

So there’s obviously a theme here from what I’ve been reading that bulb are increasing people’s direct debits to ridiculous prices and then not being responsive when people get in touch.

My account is in £200 + credit. I have a smart meter and use around £85 each month yet they are increasing my payments to £160. I just want the credit refunded and then I’ll look elsewhere…but…

Is there any other supplier to switch to or is this all just related to the price hike?

Cheers,

Lucy

Your best bet is to stay put and try to get your DD lowered by contacting Bulb. You’ll find no lower prices at the moment.

Hi @moonshine200,

Welcome to community :wave: Thanks for your post.

We are experiencing extremely high inflow at the moment, which is why our response time is lower than usual but we are trying to get through this as fast as possible.

If you would prefer to have your credit refunded, we can set you up to pay on receipt of your statement. This would be a variable amount each month, depending on your usage.

If you would prefer to switch, we have a £0 exit fee so you would just need to ask a new supplier to apply for your energy. This process takes 21 days.

Let me know if you have any questions

– Daisy :bulb:

Have been trying now for a few days to get to “chat” to someone about a credit refund.

Everytime I have tried I get an auto response saying its outside of business hours…

I have initiated my switch, I am in credit which I want repaid to me and I’ll settle my final bill upon it’s arrival.

I don’t think I want much…

I’m 99% sure Bulb has gone under.

I contacted Octopus Energy last Friday to get a quote but they said I couldn’t switch to them as Bulb has ceased trading, though it ‘hadn’t been announced yet’. Their social media has also gone cold.

I doubt you’ll hear back from them as you (and I) will end up being reassigned to another energy supplier.

Luckily my switch is to complete on the 7th I already kicked that off about 2 weeks ago then.

I’ll cancel my bulb DD then!

Online chat is only available Monday to Friday from 9am-5:30pm.

Yep and I have tried numerous times within those hours unfortunately:(

1 Like

Ah. Poor service in that case. Fingers crossed, you might get a reply on here.

I do not believe they have gone bust as I spoke to their customer service team alittle over an hour ago and received emails from them too…
If you look around you will find that the other “BIG” companies do not have the capacity to take bulbs customer due to such high numbers involved.

I got a refund simply by e-mailing them with my name and post code. They confirmed within the hour that it had been processed and the money was in my bank within 2 days even though they said it could take up to 5 days.

I may try the email route as chat is still not working, what email did you send the request to?

I emailed help@bulb.co.uk

Hey :wave: Robyn from the social team here :dancer:

At the moment we currently have a higher than usual inflow, in all communication areas. This means that phones, chat, email and our social media platforms are extremely busy so I’m sorry if you’re having difficulty talking to us at the moment.

My recommendation would be to try our live chat and phones for time sensitive queries, and you can still choose to talk our emergency team on the phone if you need to speak to us urgently. The quietest time to call would be 3pm - 5pm and later on in the week. But if you are still struggling please reach out to us via DM on twitter or Facebook as well. We are always happy to help :+1:

(Our phoneline is available Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm (closed on bank holidays). Online chat is available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm (closed on bank holidays).

– Robyn :bulb:

Robyn- there is nobody available on live chat and no DM message button on the facebook account ? Why do you expect everyone to have a twitter acct to be able to get Bulbs help ? Bulb owes me £6000!!! and yet you cant find the time to answer emails or phones? Im holding on two phone lines to Bulb whilst typing this …STILL NO ANSWER!!! SHAME ON YOU - I WONT BE GOING AWAY AND WILL HUNT YOU DOWN UNTIL SOMEBODY REFUNDS MY MONEY!

Hey @refund :wave:

Apologies that this isn’t clearer on our Facebook page.

If you comment on one of our Facebook posts we can then reach out to you requesting a private message. If you are struggling to get in contact with us over the phone then this will most definitely be quicker.

– Robyn :bulb:

this is no help atall!!
How do we get to speak to a human?

Hi @refund,

Please call us on 0300 303 0635 to speak with an advisor.

– Daisy :bulb: