Getting started

I got an email to confirm I was signed dup to But on 20 October. I have just received an email form my old supplier Scottish Power saying they are upping my direct debit from next month. I phoned them and they said although my Gas had transferred over on 19 October, they were still supplying my electricity. Could someone tell me whats happening please!
Steve

I got an email to confirm I was signed dup to But on 20 October. I have just received an email form my old supplier Scottish Power saying they are upping my direct debit from next month. I phoned them and they said although my Gas had transferred over on 19 October, they were still supplying my electricity. Could someone tell me whats happening please! Steve

Hi

This is a public forum for Bulb so more than likely over the weekend only fellow customers of Bulb will be on it. When you joined Bulb you would have been sent an email with details of your contract or welcome pack.

The email which I had said:

Well hello there!

Hi ********,

Brilliant news; you’re now a member of Bulb. We’ll start supplying you with energy on the ***** 2018. Your welcome pack is attached with all the details of your plan.

If you check the welcome pack which was an attachment to your email you can see if electricity was included.

@C00l101925

You may also be in luck I notice a Bulb team member ( @Niall at Bulb) posted on this forum about 15 minutes ago, he may possibly be able to answer your query.

Thanks @Allanr, I did get that stuff. Bulb are supposed to be supplying my electricity too - I certainly have paid this month for that. I am wondering if there has been some glitch in taking over the electricity. Hopefully @Niall might be able to help.

Thanks @Allanr, I did get that stuff. Bulb are supposed to be supplying my electricity too - I certainly have paid this month for that. I am wondering if there has been some glitch in taking over the electricity. Hopefully @Niall might be able to help.

I had something similar to this with Scottish Power. They took my monthly payment for electricity even though Bulb had already taken over my supply of both gas and electricity. The issue is that it takes around 6 weeks for the opening readings you gave Bulb to end up at Scottish Power as final readings. Your Scottish Power account wont officially close until after they have those final readings.

Whilst it’s annoying that you’ve had, or maybe will have, two direct debits for energy going out in the same month, rest assured that you will not be paying twice. Scottish Power wont actually bill you for anything after the switch date and up to the final readings. Any payment you end up making to Scottish Power will just end up as further credit on your account to be refunded after the account is closed.

If you have cashflow issues then you could prevent this happening by prematurely cancelling your direct debit with Scottish Power to prevent any payments being taken. However, this can make it more time consuming for you to receive your final credit refund and so it’s not recommended unless you really have no choice.

@C00l101925

If your monthly statement shows you are being charged for electricity then in theory it means Bulb has also taken over your electricity.

The only thing I can think of as a fellow customer is that the meter reading you supplied to Bulb when you switched is still being validated by the independent third party before being passed across to Scottish Power.

Although not much comfort, when it is sorted out you will only be charged once for the same energy.

Hi there,

I’ve looked into this for you now - we’ll just need to confirm a few details which I wouldn’t be able to request on here

I’ll send you an email and I’ll be sure to get to the bottom of this soon enough once you reply with the info needed.

Cheers,
Niall