Good customer service!

My two-rate meter (E7) has stuck on night rate. I’ve read so much on here about Bulb’s lack of response that I was dreading using their live chat facility.

To my shock, I got a customer service guy within 10 minutes of posting the problem with my meter.

And, without tempting fate, the “good part” is that as they can’t fit E7 smart meters “just yet”, they will accept just the night readings. Faulty meters are only replaced with smart meters. They said it’s their fault they can’t change the meter, so they’ll effectively take the hit. I’ve kept the email copy of the live chat as proof of what they said.

However, I’m keeping readings of night and day usage in case they try (and succeed) in convincing me they were wrong to give me the reply that they did!

So, on this occasion, no complaints from me.

1 Like

Good result. How are you going to keep track of your day usage if that’s the bit that’s broken? Are you going to take meter readings manually every morning and evening? Seems a bit of a faff.

I’ll take readings exactly as you say. I agree it’s a bit of a faff but not as much if Bulb try to later estimate my night and day consumption.

I know I’ve got their reply in writing but they may still try it on later!

I’ve been around long enough to know one thing is said but another done. Hopefully, Bulb will stick to their word.

As I understand it, if a meter is faulty they’re not allowed to guess. So I don’t think they have any choice but to accept the readings as they are until they can get the meter replaced. Luckily for you it’s stuck on night rate rather than day rate, otherwise I’m sure you’d be much more annoyed by the delays! :slightly_smiling_face: I certainly wouldn’t be chasing them up any time soon …

Good call on trying to keep track of day usage though. Better safe than sorry.

You’re right! I won’t be chasing them up any time soon!! As you say, it would have been a different story if it had been stuck on day rate.