graph

why does my graph say i’m using 3 times the amount of electric that i’m actually using

How frequently have you provided meter readings (shown below the graph)?
My graphs seem spot on, but I do try and take readings every weekend so it very rarely has to estimate more than a couple of days at the start/end of each month.

How frequently have you provided meter readings (shown below the graph)? My graphs seem spot on, but I do try and take readings every weekend so it very rarely has to estimate more than a couple of days at the start/end of each month.

i send them every month when they email me

Hi @johnlangdon64 I’ve had a look at your chart and it looks to be pretty accurate to me. Just reply to this thread or email help@bulb.co.uk if you want us to look at in further detail and we will get right on it.

Hi @johnlangdon64 I've had a look at your chart and it looks to be pretty accurate to me. Just reply to this thread or email help@bulb.co.uk if you want us to look at in further detail and we will get right on it.

its saying £1100 ish in 4 month when the meter readings say 1100 ish in 6 month ,i think you need to check closer

just looked at 15/3/18 to 11/4/18 readings units used day units 553@13,94p=£77.09 night units 1062@6.62p=£70.30 both equal £147.39 and £154.89 with standing charge ,and the graph is saying £320 and i’m not quite sure how that could be anywhere near correct

Hi @“Henry at Bulb” , @johnlangdon64 you have economy 7 the usage graph for electric does not work see https://community.bulb.co.uk/discussion/1947/my-usage-graph-counting-all-electric-usage-at-the-day-rate.

Is there any update on any plans to fix this?

Hi @"Henry at Bulb" , @johnlangdon64 you have economy 7 the usage graph for electric does not work see https://community.bulb.co.uk/discussion/1947/my-usage-graph-counting-all-electric-usage-at-the-day-rate.

Is there any update on any plans to fix this?

so the graph is a waste of time and henry did not check as he said to make a comment like that

Hi John, I’m afraid that at the moment, the usage graph isn’t the best place for you to monitor your Economy 7 usage. I’m really sorry about this. We’ve been making a lot of changes to improve the user experience of the website lately, so I’m sure it is just a matter of time until the graph view is optimised and improved. I’ve made a new request on our technology project board linking to these community discussions, and I’ll let you know an update on the projected improvements as soon as possible.

Hi John, I'm afraid that at the moment, the usage graph isn't the best place for you to monitor your Economy 7 usage. I'm really sorry about this. We've been making a lot of changes to improve the user experience of the website lately, so I'm sure it is just a matter of time until the graph view is optimised and improved. I've made a new request on our technology project board linking to these community discussions, and I'll let you know an update on the projected improvements as soon as possible.

ok but i could have been told about this instead of being told £320 a month is correct and looking at other posts this graph was being corrected for many months but nothing seems to have been done

Hi @johnlangdon64 you’re right, sorry @“Henry at Bulb” didn’t catch this the first time around, the usage charts aren’t the easiest to understand at the moment.

We’re currently in the process of revamping the Bulb account, so far we’ve started with the payments section and made changes and improvements there. We will be moving and making changes to other areas of the Bulb account as there are many improvements and changes that we want to make. We really appreciate your feedback and all our member’s feedback on issues like these as it helps us identify the problems and issues that we need to address.

Hi @johnlangdon64 you're right, sorry @"Henry at Bulb" didn't catch this the first time around, the usage charts aren't the easiest to understand at the moment.

We’re currently in the process of revamping the Bulb account, so far we’ve started with the payments section and made changes and improvements there. We will be moving and making changes to other areas of the Bulb account as there are many improvements and changes that we want to make. We really appreciate your feedback and all our member’s feedback on issues like these as it helps us identify the problems and issues that we need to address.

ok thanks,you want to write it on there so nobody as an heart attack