Green Homes Grant & Renewable Heating Incentive

Hello All,

I am considering replacing our boiler with an air source heat pump (ASHP) to support the UK tackling climate change. I plan to fund this through a combination of £5k from Green Homes Grant and the remainder funded by the Renewable Heating Incentive (RHI). BTW - It’s a great deal, provided you can put in some finance, which RHI will reimburse over 7yrs.

Must I let Bulb know about this change to an ASHP?
Does Bulb have any requirements that should be taken into account?

Thanks,
Anita

How you heat your home is none of their concern.

I can’t think of any.

Thank you Steve.

Good to know. I’ll go ahead with the work in that case.

Hi Anita.

Firstly, welcome to the community page! :tada:

We love that you are looking into renewable energy systems. These incentives look great! :deciduous_tree:

You wouldn’t need to let us know about changes in your home unless they affect your current gas or electricity supply for example if you no longer need a gas supply due to heating your house in other ways you should let us know if you wanted to remove your gas meter.

If you keep the gas supply I recommend uploading regular meter reads after the installation as our estimates will likely be too high.

I hope that is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,
Mel

Hi Mel,

Thank you, that is very useful.
I’ll discuss with the installer whether we should keep gas as a back up. I suspect we won’t keep gas - in which case we’ll get the meter removed and I’ll let Bulb know.

Thanks again,
Anita