Have Solar PV installed, do I need a EPC to allow FIT

I’m very new to Solar, being installed next week. I’m told I might need an EPC before I can have power fed into the network (Bulb supplier) … Is that the case and who do I contact to get one? Thank you for all your help.

You won’t get FiT, as that scheme closed to new entrants in 2019.

You may be eligible for its successor, the Smart Export Guarantee (SEG), which is a simpler scheme. Bulb implement it as Export Payments. Who you use for SEG is not tied to your energy supply, so even if Bulb are your energy supplier, you’re not obliged to use them for SEG (if you don’t want to).

Your PV installer and PV installation must be properly certified (preferably MCS, but some other certifications are accepted) to qualify for SEG, but I’m not aware of any requirement for an EPC, though.

You do need a smart meter that can produce export readings.

Hi @john.mileham :wave:t4:

Welcome to community.

Our Export Payments are part of the Smart Energy Guarantee (SEG) that replaced the government’s Feed-in Tariff (FIT) scheme.

As you will be generating renewable energy at your home, you might be eligible for our Export Payments.

You can sign up for our Export Payments if:

  • You generate electricity from solar photovoltaic panels, wind, hydro, anaerobic digestion or micro combined heat and power (micro-CHP)
  • You have a smart meter or export meter that records your exported energy every half hour
  • Your installation has an MCS certificate, or a certificate from an equivalent scheme, such as Flexi-Orb
  • The total installed capacity of your installation doesn’t exceed 5 MW, or 50 kW for micro-CHP (you can find this information on your installation’s certificate)

Our Export Payments are subject to Terms and Conditions.

If you need to get a new energy certificate then you can locate this here: Find an energy certificate - GOV.UK

I hope this information helps, let me know if you need anything else.

–Suki :hibiscus: